The author of this blog is Carolina Casañas i Comabella.
I am a Clinical Psychologist turned researcher, currently based at Oxford Brookes University’s Department of Clinical Health Care, within the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. I joined Brookes in 2012, after having worked for several years as a researcher at the University of Oxford’s Departments of Public Health and Psychiatry.
Prior to moving to Oxford (UK) in 2007, I worked as a Clinical Psychologist in palliative care teams in Barcelona (Spain) for over a decade, where I was the coordinator of the Catalan Group of Palliative Care Psychologists. I graduated from Universitat Ramon Llull in Psycho-Pedagogy and from UOC in Clinical Psychology. In 2009, I successfully completed the King’s College London University MSc in Palliative Care. My MSc thesis explored the views on dignity held by patients, carers and professionals in palliative care.
Other research interests include research methods, especially systematic reviews and qualitative methodologies.
My PhD at Oxford Brookes University explores the role & impact of ehealth (the use of Information and Communication Technologies, ICT) on carers of people near the end of life, under the supervision of Prof Mary Boulton, Prof Eila Watson and Prof Bee Wee. This project is funded by the NHS South Central Strategic Health Authority.
I am currently an Associate Lecturer:
- in ehealth at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya’s MSc in ICT Society (Barcelona).
- in Psychosocial aspects of palliative care, at Oxford Brookes University’s MSc in Palliative Care: Global Perspectives (Oxford).
- Oxford Brookes University Cancer Care Group
- Oxford Brookes University Health Psychology Group
- Thames Valley Palliative Care Research Network TVPCRN
- Sobell House Palliative Care Research Group
- European Association of Palliative Care
- Sociedad Española de Cuidados Paliativos
- Grup de Psicòlegs de Cures Pal.liatives de Catalunya
Email: CarolinaCC@brookes.ac.uk | CarolinaCC@uoc.edu
LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/carolinacasanasicomabella
Oxford Brookes University profile: http://www.chc.brookes.ac.uk/research/student-work/carolina-casanas-i-comabella
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ehealth_CCC